· The Georgetown Police Department will release a “Victim’s Copy” of a crime report to any victim listed on the report. You must appear in person with photo ID to obtain your copy, however, you should contact our Records Department at 302-856-6613 (Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:00pm) in advance to verify that the report has been processed and is ready to release.
· In the case of a minor child, a custodial parent/legal guardian may obtain the Victim’s Copy; in the case of a deceased victim, the next of kin may obtain. (Proof of relationship required)
· There is no fee for a Victim’s Copy of a crime report.
· Copies of crime reports are not released to anyone other than the stated victim unless directed via a court-issued subpoena.
· Insurance companies may request copies of crime reports relating to their insured’s property only; no suspect information is released. Requests must be made in writing, fees apply. The current fee is $25.00. Payments can be made in cash, check, or money order.
· If you are the defendant listed in the crime report, you will need to contact The State Bureau of Identification to obtain those records at 302-739-5871.
· Drivers, Owners, and Occupants of vehicles involved in a collision may purchase a copy of the collision report.
· Insurance companies and Law Firms may purchase a copy of collision reports involving their insured via a written request and applicable payment.
· The current fee for a crash report is $25.00. Payments can be made in cash, check, or money order
· Contact our Records Department at 302-856-6613 (Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:00pm) in advance to verify that the crash report has been processed and is ready to release.
· For faster results, please have the Driver’s Exchange of Information Form or Report number for reference. (provided at the time of the crash)
Traffic Ticket/Uniform Traffic Summons
· If you are issued a Uniform Traffic Summons and lose/misplace your copy of the ticket, we are happy to provide you with a copy.
· You must appear in person with photo ID to obtain your copy. No copy fees apply.
Release Towed Vehicle
· If your vehicle has been towed, the Registered Owner will need to present to the Georgetown Police Department with a valid driver’s license.
· If the owner does not have a valid driver’s license, the owner will need to present to the Georgetown Police Department with valid Identification (State ID, Passport, Consulate Card) and two people with valid driver’s license. Please remember to bring your tow slip with you (provided to you at the time your vehicle was towed)
· The best times to retrieve your vehicle are Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:00pm, however, the police department is available to assist you 24 hours, 7 days a week.
· Please check with the Tow Company for hours when vehicles can be released, and the fees. The policies of the Tow Company are not defined by the Georgetown Police Department.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION NOTATED ON THE TOW SLIP
Notary Public Services
· Notary Public Services are available in English and Spanish. Hours are Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:00pm. Please bring all unsigned documents with valid Identification. The fee is $5.00. Payments can be made in cash, check, or money order.